CHARLOTTETOWN, PE — UPEI Athletics and Recreation is pleased to announce the reopening of the following facilities and programs in compliance with the PEI Chief Public Health Office (CPHO) guidance and UPEI's Operational Ease-Back Plan.
1. Chi-Wan Young Sports Centre opening date: Tuesday, June 23
For booking information and new guidelines please visit: https://www.upei.ca/ar/fitness-centre
NOTE: Only the Fitness Centre will be open at this phase. Squash courts, indoor walking track and gymnasium access will be announced at a later date.
2. UPEI Turf and Alumni Canada Games Place opening date: Wednesday, June 24
For booking information and new guidelines please visit: https://www.upei.ca/ar/athletic-facilities
3. Varsity Basketball Camps: Monday, June 29
For registration and return to play guidelines please visit: https://www.upei.ca/ar/panther-basketball-camps
4. Panther Academy Camps: Monday, July 6
For registration and new guidelines please visit: https://www.upei.ca/ar/registration-information
User groups must read and abide by the following:
– All users must book requested time with Stephanie Knickle – firstname.lastname@example.org.
– All users must follow the directional signage and protocols to enter/exit the facilities.
– All users groups / coaches must follow the return to play protocols for their specific sport, including forwarding operational plans, collecting signed waivers from each participant before accessing the fields/track area and protocols for shared equipment.
– All groups MUST adhere to the UPEI's gathering size limit of no more than 20 people permitted outside, provided physical distancing can be maintained.
– All users/organizations must provide hand sanitizer to all participants to ensure proper hand hygiene is completed. Or groups can request participants come with their own. UPEI will not provide hand sanitizer at the outdoor facilities.
– No washrooms/water fountains/locker rooms available. Please come prepared for your activity. No access to any buildings/clubhouse.
– Please do not use team benches.
– No spectators allowed. All players and coaches must adhere to physical distancing of at least 2m (6 feet).
– All users are responsible to conduct daily sign in processes of all players, and coaches on the field/area. This sign in will require names, phone numbers and/or email address. This list must be sent to Stephanie Knickle after each booking (a picture will do).-
– All players and visitors must vacate the playing area and parking lot immediately following their booking.
– All users/organizations must adhere to the organized recreational activities and team sports guidance established by the CPHO. https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/organized-recreational-activities-and-team-sports-guidance
UPEI Athletics and Recreation appreciates your cooperation in working with us to ensure we keep all users safe. These guidelines are subject to change with limited notice.